This light was a problem--apart from being ugly.
Those 2 bulbs aren't burnt out...they
are shorted out or something...so
Hay's room always felt like a dark cave...
and kind of yellow.
I have wanted a chandelier for a while!
And I found one!
It started out as this...$5
ahh, I see potential!
Taped off the sockets...
primed it...it looks pretty white...but no.
painted it teal!
used those plastic crystal beads from that other post...$5
and some fishing line I had on hand and tied each little bead on the strand.
and then the bottom row!
The original light fixture had never been changed and was
not hanging on or near a stud. So we found
a stud, screwed in a bike hook, and then
looped it on to hold the weight...it's heavy!
Then wired it all in and ta-da!
We have light! And it's beautiful! My little princess loves it!
Go paint something to celebrate!