We are not a pet family. We are an allergic-to-everything family.
My daughter found an injured butterfly.It's wing was damaged and was unable to fly.
It fluttered a bit, but that was it.
I told her she could keep it...whose allergic to a butterfly, right?
I knew it would just die soon anyway, because it couldn't fly...
Mostly, she lived in a 1/2 gallon mason jar with a net lid...and lots of leaves.
Much to my surprise, she lived for 3 entire weeks!
Now, because trashing her seemed like a shame...we carefully clipped her wings off...
And put them carefully in a lamination sleeve...business card size.