header top
home about me crafts diy Geekery recipes freebies
header bottom
This post may contain affiliate links, sponsored content and products received at no cost.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Princess Ottoman redo!

Here's the fabulous before!
 I found this ottoman at the thriftstore for $5.
It's very dated and worn.
I immediately tore off the trim, the skirting...
and it sat that way for a while.
Okay, through our move.
I wanted to redo it...cheaply!
So I dug through my fabric to find something
 sturdy enough for an ottoman.
I found a bunch of houndstooth...left over from this and this!
But not quite enough.
 But I had a remnant piece of bigger houndstooth
 that was just enough more!
I pieced the parts together to go around the chair with
 just enough seam allowance.

I traced the top circle of the ottoman on my fabric and cut it out.
I cut it the same size as the top because I wanted it to fit snugly.
 Then I sewed the tube around the circle. 
Hemmed the bottom edge.
It made a perfect slipcover.
This could have been enough...

But I wanted to secure it.
 Just flipped it over and stapled that hemmed edge around the bottom.
 perfect!
 And, ta da!  A perfectly princessy ottoman!
At least we call it the princess chair, even though
 it doesn't look princessy at all.
 Goes great with the ugly chair!




Photobucket

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home